Forest Pack Pro 4.x
Forest Pack is a package of plugins for 3D Studio Max and 3D Studio Viz, designed to give a complete solution for creation of vast surfaces of trees and plants. Forest enables you to combine billboards, high poly meshes and proxies, and using Mental Ray and VRay native shaders, create scenes with virtually unlimited number of objects and polygons.
If you would like a three year subscription, please contact us for current pricing.
Native Rendering Shaders
Forest Pack is optimized for speed. It can create more than 500,000 trees per second at viewport, modify any parameter and rebuild them in real-time.
Render is accelerated using native shaders for Mental Ray® and VRay®. A typical scene may include 100.000 trees of 1 million of polys each one, and render just in a few minutes.
Camera's field of view
To minimize resource utilization, tree distribution can be restricted to the camera's field of view. This enables the user to create a fly by of a forest of virtually millions of trees, without wasting scene resources on trees that are out outside the edge of the frame.
Editable geometry list
Billboards have special support, including optimized material shaders and Fake Shadows.
Forest includes a Library Browser, to select and assign the plants with a single click. The library may be modified by the user, to include new types of geometries, materials and icons.
- Custom Edit mode enables you not only to create automatic distributions, but also add, place or edit trees manually using the Creation Tools.
- Automatic distribution of trees over any surface (irregular terrains, etc.). You can limit the elements in a surface by ranges of altitude and slope.
- Random transformation of position, rotation, scale and... color!. Add more variation to your scene without incrementing the number of materials.
- Animation support, including multiple random samples.
Misc Product Info
- 3D Studio Max® 7 to 2010 (32 & 64 bits) or 3D Studio Viz® 2006 or greater.
- VRay® native shader requires Max 9 with VRay 1.50 SP2 or greater.
- 1.0 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended).
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended).
- 40 MB of free hard disk space.