V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max
V-Ray for 3ds Max - The Most Used Rendering Engine in Arch Viz
V-Ray is the rendering engine of choice for architectural visualization artists. Based on a recent CGarchitect Architectural Visualization Industry survey, V-Ray is used by over 70% of the industry. If you're not using V-Ray, you should be!
V-Ray is the solution of choice for many 3D production houses due to its capability to deliver high quality photorealistic images in the shortest time.
What is Included with V-Ray 2.0?
In addition to receiving over 3.5 hours in FREE new feature video training from the CGschool when you purchase from our shop, V-Ray 2.0 is now bundled with V-Ray RT CPU and V-Ray RT GPU, an ActiveShade renderer in 3ds Max which can deliver up to 30 times faster rendering times and real time interaction with the virtual environment.
What's Included With V-Ray 2.0?
|V-Ray 2.0 Full Version
||When do I Receive it? / Notes
||You'll receive access V-Ray 2.0
|V-Ray RT (CPU Version)
||You'll get access to the full version of V-Ray RT (CPU Version)|
|V-Ray RT (GPU Version)
||You'll get access to the full version of V-Ray RT (GPU Version)|
|New Feature Video Training
(Valued at $99)
|You'll get access to over 3.5 hours of exclusive new feature video training brought to you by the CGschool.
|Bonus Reward Points
(1 per $ spent)
|With every purchase you earn 1 point per dollar spent. CGA Bonus Reward points which can be used like cash towards future purchases.|
|World Class Support||Based on all sales from 2010, the CGarchitect Visualization Shoppe, has scored a 93% average on customer service and support from our customers. This number is based on a feedback survey that our customers are asked to complete after an order.|
|Support for CGarchitect.com||CGarchitect has been the leading online magazine and resource for the industry for nearly ten years. Your purchase helps support our efforts to evangelize the field of professional architectural visualization and helping bring the industry together online, at events and through training.|
New Features in V-Ray 2.0
- V-Ray RT and V-Ray RT GPU interactive renderers are included as part of the V-Ray installation.
- VRayCarPaintMtl material with accurate flakes simulation.
- VRayDistanceTex texture that measures distances to arbitrary mesh objects.
- VRayLightSelect render element to extract the contribution of individual lights.
- VRayDRBucket render element to show which machine rendered a given bucket in DR mode.
- VRayLensEffects render effect for producing glow and glare with support for obstacle images and diffraction.
- VRayExposureControl plugin for proper exposure of regular viewport and camera views.
- VRayStereoRig controller for easy stereoscopic setup.
- Shade maps for faster rendering of stereo images, DOF and motion blur through the VRayStereoscopic helper.
- Dispersion in the VRayMtl material, utilizing the new support for wavelength-dependent ray tracing.
- Support for bidirectional path tracing for accurate unbiased lighting solutions.
- Directionality parameter for rectangle V-Ray lights to turn them into (textured) spot lights.
- Dynamic loading of tiled OpenEXR textures through the VRayHDRI texture.
- Command-line tool for mass conversion of textures to tiled OpenEXR files.
- V-Ray specific light lister.
- Integration of the various V-Ray components in the 3ds Max "Create" menu.
- Tools for calculating and rendering accurate camera distortion through .lens files.
- Faster rendering of VRayProxy objects.
- Support for proper motion blur of Thinking Particles.
- Proper blending of gizmos for VRayEnvironmentFog.
- Improved raytracing precision in certain cases.
- Render history for the V-Ray VFB.
- Load and compare images directly in the V-Ray frame buffer.
- Support for rendering of VRayProxy objects as point clouds.
- Better representation of V-Ray lights in the new hardware viewport for 3ds Max 2010 and later.
- Retrace threshold for the light cache
...and many other small fixes and improvements
Misc Product Info
1. Licensing of V-Ray 2.0 remains the same as it was in V-Ray 1.5 (We are Licensing Machines and NOT CPUs or GPUs)
2. V-Ray 2.0 license is not transferable to different companies or people
- A computer with 3ds Max (Design) 6/7/8/9/2008/2009/2010/2011 or Autodesk VIZ 2005/2006/2007/2008, 32- or 64-bit versions.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 32- or 64-bit versions (64-bit is recommended)
- Intel Pentium IV or compatible processor with SSE2 support (dual Pentium IV or AMD Opteron or later recommended)
- 128 MB RAM and 350 MB swap minimum - recommended 4 GB or more RAM, 4 GB or more swap file.
V-Ray and V-Ray RT are delivered electronically from Chaos Group. You will receive an email from them directly with your user account and download information. If you do not receive this email within 24-48 hours during weekdays, please contact us. If you did not provide an existing dongle serial number you will be shipped a single USB license dongle (even for multiple licenses). If you do provide a dongle serial number you will be refunded all shipping charges.