V-Ray for Rhino 1.5
V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
Rhino users in all fields - from engineering and product design to 3D animation - depend on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
V-Ray for Rhino Features
Efficient Multicore Ray-Tracing Engine - V-Ray has been specifically optimized for ray tracing, allowing users to create complex shading, area shadows, camera effects and GI with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Rhino Integration - V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the 32-bit version of Rhino 4.0 and the 32 and 64-bit versions of Rhino 5.0.
Interactive Rendering - V-Ray RT is a revolutionary rendering engine providing instant feedback and streamlining scene setup. Because V-Ray RT is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray, it is seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering. Randomize Sampler improves anti-aliasing of nearly horizontal or vertical lines.
VRayProxy - VRayProxy is an indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render-time, saving vital RAM resources.
Displacement - Control displacement on a per-material basis and generate detailed geometry at render time with maximum memory efficiency.
MATERIALS & SHADING
Physically-based Materials - Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile shaders.
Material Preview - Preview materials accurately and efficiently. Once a preview is generated, it is cached for later use.
VRayDirt - Simulate shading around corners and crevices of objects based on a radial distance. VRayDirt can be used to produce a variety of effects, including ambient occlusion renderings.
Interpolation (Reflections and Refractions) - Accelerate rendering by approximating and caching the effects of glossy reflections and refractions.
Dispersion - Trace and refract light based on its wavelength.
Alpha Transparency - Create materials with alpha transparency.
Procedural Textures - Utilize procedurally generated texture maps:
|• Falloff Granite||• Dirt||• Marble|
|• Rock||• Smoke Invert||• Leather|
|• Snow||• SpeckleSplat||• Stucco|
|• Water||• Wood|
Color Space - Manage the input gamma of textures using Linear, Gamma Corrected, or sRGB options.
LIGHTS & ILLUMINATION
Dome Light - Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light. Its powerful importance sampling analyzes HDR images and optimizes light tracing and GI precision.
IES Light - Use photometric data to provide accurate light definition.
Sphere Light - Create spherically shaped area lights.
SUN & SKY
RDK Sun - The VRaySun/ Sky system is compatible with the RDK Sun.
Sky Options - Control sky properties independently from the sun.
Sky Models - Specify sky appearance using Preetham et al, CIE Clear, or CIE Overcast models.
Optimized Global Illumination Solutions - V-Ray provides several optimized solutions for creating Global Illumination, giving artists the complete control and flexibility they need.
Ambient Occlusion - Generate shading based on an object’s proximity, and enhance GI details without significantly increasing render time.
Retrace Threshold - Reduce Light Cache artifacts and improve the appearance of glossy reflections and refractions when using the time saving feature - Use light cache for glossy rays.
CAMERAS & OPTICS
Physical Camera - Render any standard camera using physical camera properties, including Depth of Field and Motion Blur effects.
Lens Effects (Glare / Bloom) - Simulate the natural lens effects that occur when photographing highlights.
DR Spawner - Launch Distributed Rendering hosts without opening Rhino.
Color Mapping - Clamp Level defines the peak level for clamping bright colors. Adaptation Only uses color-mapping controls for calculations without applying to the final result. Linear Workflow applies inverse gamma correction to all materials, simplifying setup time for Linear Workflow.
V-Ray Frame Buffer (VFB) - Region Render specifies a portion of the scene to render. History saves render to the VFB cache, simplifying render comparison. Compare loads two renders directly in the VFB with A/B comparison controls. Material ID supports rendering Material ID channels for post processing.
Rhino RDK Support - V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the Rhino Document Sun, Edge Softening, Shutlining, and Displacement.
Misc Product Info
V-Ray for Rhino runs only on:
• Windows 2000 including server
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista*
• Windows 7*
V-Ray for Rhino will not run on:
• Windows NT
• Windows 95
• Windows 98
• Windows ME
• OS X or lower
* V-Ray for Rhino runs as a 32-bit application on Windows x64 and will also run as a 64-bit application with the 64-bit version of Rhino 5.
* Rhino 3 is not supported. V-Ray for Rhino builds are available for Rhino 5, however, the support and functionality for Rhino 5 may vary during the beta process of Rhino 5. Chaos Group will monitor and work quickly to resolve issues that may arise with future builds.
* Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
* The use of imaged machines is not recommended due to the fact that the licensing is hardware dependent.
* Currently we do not have a version of V-Ray for Rhino on the OS X platform. We have been in contact with Robert McNeel and Associates regarding the options for porting our Windows version of V-Ray for Rhino to Rhino for OS X. However, Rhino for OS X is in the work-in-progress phase and the official Rhino OS X SDK for third party developers is not yet available. We will continue to investigate our options to get V-Ray 1.5 ready for Rhino OS X after the official release of the Windows version of V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino. We will be sure to announce news on V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino OS X as soon as it becomes available.
• Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
• 200 MB disk space.
• 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.